Tiger undergoes successful back surgery, hopes to return in 2016
19 Sep, 2015
 
 

 

Tiger Woods announced on Friday (September 18) that he has undergone microdiscectomy surgery on his back for the second time in two years, which means he will be out of action till at least early 2016. Woods has been having back and hip injuries for last few years.

"This is certainly disappointing, but I'm a fighter," Woods said on his website. "I've been told I can make a full recovery, and I have no doubt that I will."


See also

Woods gets exemption for 2015 Hero World Challenge Golf


"I appreciate the fans' concern and support," Woods said, according to his website. "This is unfortunate, but these things happen. I've been injured before and played again. It won't be any different this time."

Bob Harig of ESPN reported that Woods' agent Mark Steinberg said an issue where he had surgery last year was discovered during a routine check-up on his back. Steinberg also said the turnaround time between the check-up and surgery was "quick," according to Harig.

Neurosurgeon Dr. Charles Rich said the following, as transcribed by Woods' (www.tigerwoods.com): "Tiger Woods underwent a microdiscectomy late on Sept. 16 at Park City Medical Center. With the upcoming offseason, the decision was made to remove a small disc fragment that was pinching his nerve. The microsurgery was a complete success, and he was discharged Thursday night."

 
 
 
 
 
© Copyright 2011 Golfxyz. All rights Reserved.
HOME | ABOUT US | CONTACT US